Knowledge Base

Complaints Against Department

Category: Police Department

If you have a concern with any aspect of service provided by the La Crosse Police Department, and wish to speak to a supervisor, please contact the non-emergency police number at (608) 782-7575 and ask to speak to a La Crosse Police Shift Commander.

You also have the following options:

  • Submit information through our Online Complaint Form.
  • Official Complaint Form – this can be filled out by coming into the Police Department.
  • Letter of Complaint – you can submit a letter of complaint directly to the Chief of Police:

La Crosse Police Department
Attn: Chief of Police
400 La Crosse Street
La Crosse, WI 54601

  • Police & Fire Commission – you can file an official complaint with the Police & Fire Commission. Please contact the Human Resources Department at (608) 789-7595 and ask to speak with the Secretary of the Police & Fire Commission, who will then explain the lawful procedure.

The La Crosse Police Department is required by State Law to inform complainants that “whoever knowingly makes a false complaint regarding the conduct of a law enforcement officer is subject to a Class A forfeiture,” Wisconsin State Statute 946.66(2).

Updated 3/10/2021 11:07 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!